Who is this program for?
It is intended for students who hold a Master's degree (or equivalent) from a university outside France, and who have not worked or resided in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to recruitment. In addition, candidates must not be working or residing in France in the six months prior to the audition, which will take place in February 2024.
The selection of the PPU-IMAGINE program is organized by Institut Imagine and selected students carry out their research in one of Institut Imagine lab.
Why join Institut Imagine?
By joining the program, students gain access to a stimulating and ideal environment for the training and career development of young researchers.
In addition, students can expand their knowledge by taking specialized courses and benefiting from an extensive seminar program with speakers from around the world. Students enrolled in the IMAGINE program will have access to the following activities or workshops offered by the PPU program.
- Workshops (oral presentation, statistics, robotics, …)
- Journal Club
- Scientific Integrity and Ethics Training courses
- French Courses
- Organization of the annual retreat
- Meeting with the Dean
- Other PPU social activities (Luncheons)
Students are selected on a competitive basis. Candidates are first pre-selected by the host laboratories and their applications are then presented to a selection committee.
Candidates selected by the selection committee are then interviewed (February 2024). Selected students start in October 2024.
Doctoral students selected to follow this programme at the Institut Imagine will benefit from a specific 3-year employment contract with a net pre-tax salary of €2,000 (including health insurance, mutual insurance and provident funds) and the possibility of accommodation at the Cité International Universitaire de Paris.
At the end of their studies (usually three years), students support their PhD according to European guidelines.
1- Call for applicationsThe 2023-2024 call for applications begins on September 18, 2023, and ends on October 31, 2023. Candidates are invited to apply to the PhD project of their choice (see proposals below). They can only apply for a maximum of 2 projects.
2- Matching between project leaders and candidates From November 2, 2023, to November 13, 2023. The project leader selects 1 candidate from among the applications received. Together, they build and send their joint application file (the file to be completed will be provided to the project leaders from November 2).
3- Pre-selection of candidates Applications are sent to a jury, which classifies and preselects the applications. Candidates will be informed of the status of their application and any follow-up action during the second week of December 2023.
4- Interview week: selection of candidatesCandidates will be invited to come to the Institut Imagine for interview sessions between January 30 and February 2, 2024. Candidates will then be informed of the follow-up action to their application.
5- Beginning of the thesisSelected candidates are expected to start their PhD at the Institut Imagine in October 2024.
- Investigation of TLR and cytosolic nucleic acid signalling cross-talk through Mendelian disease - Project leader: Marie-Louise FRÉMOND - Laboratory of Neurogenetics and neuroinflammation - Download the project
- Exploring interferon-mediated lung inflammation at the cellular spatial level - Project leader: Mickaël MÉNAGER - Laboratory of Inflammatory responses and transcriptomic networks in diseases - Download the project
- Understanding the physiopathology of CERebellar DEVelopmental defects using human cellular models and zebrafish - Project leader: Vincent CANTAGREL - Laboratory of Developmental brain disorders - Download the project
- Unlocking the Potential of Organoids: Diving into Intestinal Neuroimmune Interactions - Project leader: Michela DELEIDI - Laboratory of Mechanisms and therapy of genetic brain diseases - Download the project
- Reelin in synaptic plasticity and autism - Project leader: Pierre BILLUART - Laboratory of Genetic and development of cerebral cortex - Download the project
- Deciphering genetic ethology of predisposition to Whipple's disease - Project leader: Jacinta BUSTAMANTE - Laboratory of Human genetics of infectious diseases - Download the project
- Integrative mRNA sequencing, proteomics and glycoproteomics to guide therapeutic repurposing in Darier and Hailey-Hailey diseases - Project leader: Alain HOVNANIAN - Laboratory of Genetic skin diseases: from disease mechanism to therapy - Download the project
To apply, fill the form in the following link: International PPU@Imagine PhD Application form